Summit Power Limited (SPL), sponsored by Summit Group, is the first Bangladeshi Independent Power Producer (IPP) in Bangladesh in private sector providing power to national grid. SPL was incorporated in Bangladesh on March 30, 1997 as a Private Limited Company. On June 7, 2004 the Company was converted to Public Limited Company under the Companies Act 1994.
Summit Power Limited in 2001, has successfully established three power plants of 11 MW capacity each, for sale of electricity to Rural Electrification Board (REB) on Build, Own and Operate basis at Savar, Narsingdi and Comilla. During 2006 and 2007 in each of the above three places, 2nd unit was commissioned enhancing the capacity of SPL to 105 MW. In 2009 SPL with its 99% owned two subsidiaries has established 4 new power plants raising its capacity to 215 MW. In 2011 SPL has commissioned another power plant of 102 MW capacity at Narayanganj under Summit Narayanganj Power Limited, where SPL has 55% ownership.
In the year 2011 Summit Power Limited has consolidated its position further by acquiring 53,955,326 numbers of ordinary shares of Khulna Power Company Limited (KPCL). It gives SPL the status of 18.7% of the ownership of KPCL and with that status an additional capacity of 50 MW (approximately) has been added with that of SPL being the total capacity of 367 MW.
Considering the immense opportunities, the company is striving to establish more power plants around the country. The fast-growing company has set a mission to expand the company with a power generation capacity to the tune of 1000 MW, which is a modest 20% of the electricity requirement in Bangladesh.
|Message from the Chairman|
|Proxy Form AGM 2013||Summit Power Annual Report 2013|
|Summit Power Data Room|
- SPL- Financial Statements (Un-audited) Third Quarter 2014 Details
- SPL- Third Quarter (Un-Audited) Financial Statements - 2014
- Financial Statements (Un-audited) Half Yearly 2014 Details
- Half Yearly-2014 (Un-Audited) Financial Statements
- Financial Statements (Un-audited) First Quarter 2014 Details
- First Quarter (Un-Audited) Financial Statements – 2014
- Audited Financial Statements - 2013
- SPL- Third Quarter (Un-Audited) Financial Statements - 2013
- SPL- Financial Statements (Un-audited) Third Quarter 2013 Details
More Financials Information.
Price Sensitive Information
- PSI – 31 December 2014
- PSI 02 December 2014 after EGM
- Notice of EGM dated 02 December 2014 and Proxy Form
- PSI - 28-October-2014
- Notice of the 17th Annual General Meeting
- Notice for change in Venue and Date of the Annual General Meeting of the Company
- PSI 29 April 2014 Corporate Declaration
- Notice of the 16th Annual General Meeting
- PSI - 14-03-2013 Corporate Declaration - SPL
- PSI- June 13, 2012 informing receipt of Consent of SEC for SPPCL's IPO.
- Notice of the 15th Annual General Meeting
More Price Sensitive Information.