Summit Power Limited (SPL), a subsidiary of Summit Group (The Summit Group is one of the leading private sector conglomerates of Bangladesh, comprising more than twenty business units ranging from power to shipping to communications and currently generated 715 MW of electricity and another 470 MW is under construction). Summit Power Limited is the first Bangladeshi Independent Power Producer (IPP) in Bangladesh in private sector utility company providing power to national grid. SPL was incorporated in Bangladesh on March 30, 1997 as a Private Limited Company. On June 7, 2004 the Company was converted into Public Limited Company under the Companies Act 1994.
Today Summit Power Limited owns and operates 08 (eight) power plants at different locations across the country having a total capacity of 317 MW. Ourpower plants are manufactured by world famous technotex companies, i.e. Wartsila – Finland, Caterpillar - USA, and GE Jenbacher, Austria. All of its power plants run 24 hours a day to support the national grid. As per private sector power generation policy of Bangladesh, Summit sells electricity only to the Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB)and to the Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board (BREB). Due to the practice of Integrated Management System(IMS) to run the day-to-day business operation, theCompany has been certified by ISO 9001: 2008 - Quality Management System, ISO 14001: 2004 - Environmental Management System and OSHAS 18001: 2007 - Occupational Health and Safety Assessment System certificates.
Summit Power Limited holds 17.64% of the ownership of Khulna Power Company Limited (KPCL) and 30% of Summit Meghnaghat Power Company Limited. That means 153 (50 + 103) MW (approximately) has been added with that of SPL being the total capacity of 470 MW. This fast-growing company has set a mission to expand the company with a power generation capacity to the tune of a modest 20% of the electricity requirement in Bangladesh. In the way to this mission to enlighten the nation, recently, the Company is going to implement two new power plants with a total generation capacity of 165 MW.
Due to its Management’s dedication, integrity and leadership, the Company has been applauded locally and internationally by several awards for several times, i.e. – Best Fast Track Power Project Award by Asian Power Awards, International Star for Leadership in QualityAward by Business Initiative Directions (BID),Best Presented Accounts and Corporate Governance Disclosures Awardsby SAFA,ICAB National Award for Best Published Accounts and Reports in Manufacturing Sector, ICMAB Best Corporate Award in Power Sector, ICSB National Award for Corporate Governance Excellence inGeneral Manufacturing.
ICAB - Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh
ICMAB - Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh
SAFA- South Asian Federation of Accountants
|Message from the Chairman|
|Proxy Form AGM 2013||Summit Power Annual Report 2013|
|Summit Power Data Room|
- Financial Statements (Un-audited) First Quarter 2015 Details
- First Quarter (Un-Audited) Financial Statements – 2015
- Consolidated Audited Financial Statements-SPL-2014
- SPL- Financial Statements (Un-audited) Third Quarter 2014 Details
- SPL- Third Quarter (Un-Audited) Financial Statements - 2014
- Financial Statements (Un-audited) Half Yearly 2014 Details
- Half Yearly-2014 (Un-Audited) Financial Statements
- Financial Statements (Un-audited) First Quarter 2014 Details
- First Quarter (Un-Audited) Financial Statements – 2014
- Audited Financial Statements - 2013
- SPL- Third Quarter (Un-Audited) Financial Statements - 2013
- SPL- Financial Statements (Un-audited) Third Quarter 2013 Details
More Financials Information.
Price Sensitive Information
- PSI – AGM Venue Change
- Notice of the 18th Annual General Meeting
- PSI - 30-04-2015 Corporate Declaration - SPL
- PSI dated 02 March 2015- New Project Agreements Signing
- PSI – 31 December 2014
- PSI 02 December 2014 after EGM
- Notice of EGM dated 02 December 2014 and Proxy Form
- PSI - 28-October-2014
- Notice of the 17th Annual General Meeting
- Notice for change in Venue and Date of the Annual General Meeting of the Company
- PSI 29 April 2014 Corporate Declaration
- Notice of the 16th Annual General Meeting
- PSI - 14-03-2013 Corporate Declaration - SPL
- PSI- June 13, 2012 informing receipt of Consent of SEC for SPPCL's IPO.
- Notice of the 15th Annual General Meeting
More Price Sensitive Information.